Resolving Conflicts is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Leadership Essentials Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills, emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers. Resolving Conflicts helps managers develop skills to identify the source of team member conflicts. Using effective communication and management techniques, managers can help individuals understand another point of view and move beyond the conflict.
When you have completed the Resolving Conflicts course, you will be able to conduct a successful meeting with a team member to coach them on how to perform a job, task, or skill by:
- Distinguishing between the two major sources of team member conflicts: personality clashes and work structure problems.
- Being aware of the positive and negative impacts of conflicts.
- Accepting conflict as an inevitable part of all work situations, one that must be dealt with, not ignored.
- Establishing a cooperative atmosphere to resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Helping individuals involved in conflicts understand each other’s point of view.
- Leading them to agree on the facts and a solution.