Delegating is one of the courses included in Vital Learning Corporation’s Leadership Essentials Series. It focuses on interpersonal skills emphasizing communication and improvement of management skills by using behavior modeling. For maximum benefit, it is recommended that learners first experience the two foundation modules, Essential Skills of Leadership and Essential Skills of Communicating, prior to taking this course. The audiences for this course are team leaders, supervisors, and first-line managers. Delegating provides the tools necessary to develop messages that communicate the “what” and the “why” of every delegated task. Focusing on ensuring that the individual understands what is required helps facilitate a successful result – the work is done correctly, and the individual gains the benefits of a new experience and increased confidence and responsibility.
When you have completed this workshop on Delegating, you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of effective delegation as well as the problems associated with the lack of delegating or delegating poorly.
- Communicate both the need for and the “why” of every delegated assignment and task.
- Use delegation as a powerful motivational tool. Use delegation to improve your team members’ skills.
- Encourage team member participation and involvement through proper delegating methods.
- Establish a team member’s responsibility and authority for a delegated task.
- Regularly monitor progress through feedback and review.